Monday, July 8, 2013

Paleo Blueberry Bites

This is a recipe that actually has the hubby thinking that going Paleo may be ok for him.

These were actually very easy to make. I found the recipe on Julia's Paleo Pantry through Pinterest and made it, holding my breath when the hubby tried it. He actually likes these a lot, so I make them and try to keep some around for a quick snack, or when I want something bread/muffin like.

I also want to give props to Julia's Paleo Pantry for helping me figure out what was wrong with my coconut flour recipes with them turning out so dense. It turns out that coconut flour keeps sucking up liquids, so if you want a thinner batter, you add oil and eggs, not more water and coconut milk.

Ingredients:
3 eggs
3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
3 tablespoons honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup sifted coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup blueberries - Julia's website used frozen blueberries. I used fresh blueberries in the mix, and they were fantastic. If you get frozen blueberries from the store, make sure that they don't have any added sugar in them.

Directions:
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey, oil, salt and vanilla.

Sift the coconut flour and the baking powder into the whisked egg mixture and stir well, until no lumps are left. 

Pour in the blueberries, and mix carefully, taking care not to crush the blueberries and not to turn your whole mixture blue. Mix just enough for them to be evenly distributed throughout the mixture. 

Julia's recipe says to spoon teaspoonfuls of the mixture into greased mini muffin tins. I chose to use my silicone baking cups on a baking sheet.
Pre-Baking

Bake at 350F for 15 minutes. If you see they are cooking too quickly, reduce the heat to 325F and bake for 20 minutes, until lightly golden. Allow the clusters to cool in the tin, and remove carefully once cool. This helps them to not fall apart.
Post-Baking

You can see where they have gotten a little golden brown. I have made subsequent batches and baked them a little longer so they are more golden brown. Yes, I know that one is missing. There was a Hubby-Mouse that snuck one before I could snap the done picture.

1 comment:

  1. “When I was introduced to Mr. Lee Ben ( A Loan Officer), I was entering the market as a first time home buyer.My needs were a bit different and I had loads of questions, before he sent me my pre-approval letter, he called to speak with me about what it meant and what could change. He made himself available to me at pretty much any hour via email and texts, he was very responsive and knowledgeable. He’s also very straightforward, I explained to him what my expectations were in terms of closing time and other particulars. He said he would meet those expectations but he surpassed them. I closed so quickly my realtor and the seller of course were excited about that. But as a buyer I appreciated being walked through the process in a succinct yet thorough fashion. From pre-approval to closing- the journey was so seamless and I consider myself lucky because I’ve heard horror stories about the internet . I recommend A loan officer ben lee contact email: 247officedept@gmail.com & Whatsapp Number :+1-989-394-3740 to anyone looking for a loan in any market. Everything was handled electronically expediently and securely.

    ReplyDelete