Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Beginning...

I'm going to lay this out right now...

- I love carbohydrates.

- I love Starbucks (I have a Starbucks budget).

- I love chocolate, candy and cake.

- I love comfort foods.

- I eat when I'm stressed.

Now that those important things have been said, I am going to try to switch to a 'Paleo' Lifestyle.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the Paleo phenomenon going on the premise of the diet is fairly simple. You can eat meat, poultry, fish, fresh fruits and vegetables, some tree nuts and healthy fats. You should avoid dairy, grains (corn is considered a grain), legumes (all forms of beans and peanuts), starchy foods (white potatoes) and alcohol. Basically if a cave man could chuck a spear at it or find it growing as they traveled, you can eat it.

So with what I said above about being a carbohydrate lover and all that you may be asking "why is she going to make the switch?"

The answer is simple. I'm tired of feeling like crap all of the time. I should add to this that I have been experimenting with my diet over the past 6 months. Sometimes I take out carbohydrates and sometimes I eat more fresh fruits and vegetables. Sometimes I cut out processed foods, and other times I mow down on the unhealthiest stuff I can find. For instance ramen noodles, they are basically no better for your body than eating cardboard with sodium and a little beef or chicken flavor, and I absolutely love them. If I want to stop feeling like crap, I have to make a change. I have found that I feel the best when I have a diet with low processed foods, and high in foods that are close to their natural state. Paleo may not be perfect for me, but I'm going to give it a try.

1 comment:

  1. “When I was introduced to Mr. Lee Ben ( A Loan Officer), I was entering the market as a first time home buyer.My needs were a bit different and I had loads of questions, before he sent me my pre-approval letter, he called to speak with me about what it meant and what could change. He made himself available to me at pretty much any hour via email and texts, he was very responsive and knowledgeable. He’s also very straightforward, I explained to him what my expectations were in terms of closing time and other particulars. He said he would meet those expectations but he surpassed them. I closed so quickly my realtor and the seller of course were excited about that. But as a buyer I appreciated being walked through the process in a succinct yet thorough fashion. From pre-approval to closing- the journey was so seamless and I consider myself lucky because I’ve heard horror stories about the internet . I recommend A loan officer ben lee contact email: 247officedept@gmail.com & Whatsapp Number :+1-989-394-3740 to anyone looking for a loan in any market. Everything was handled electronically expediently and securely.

    ReplyDelete